Thank you for your interest in the Billerica Boys and Girls Club swim lessons!
- We offer year-round lessons in our indoor heated swimming pool for kids and adults of all ages! Our curriculum is based on the American Red Cross model which includes teaching proper swimming skills, safety and fun in the water!
- All of our classes are supervised by certified Red Cross lifeguards
- We have flexible days and times. We’re sure we have something that fits your schedule!
- Student-Teacher ratio of no more than 3:1
- For more common questions, please visit out FAQ page!
Our current session will run until November 7th!
Fall - Winter Session: November 11th to January 23rd - Registration is open now!
Here is how you can sign up:
Over the phone! You can call the pool office at 978-667-2193 ex. 109, and we will be able to help you out.
We are usually in the office 10:00am to 5:00pm Monday - Friday. Please leave a message if we are not there, and we will reach out to you as soon as we can!
By email! You send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are open 7:30 am to 9:00 pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays; 9:00 am - 9:00pm Wednesdays; 8:30 am - 4:00 pm Saturdays
We recommend this as a last resort, and urge you to use phone or email!
Online! Please follow this link to see the classes we offer and either register or log into your account
Online registration is open until November 8th
- Parent-Child Lessons: 6 months – 3 years. 30 minutes.
o Emphasis is on getting the child comfortable in the water using games, song and skill repetition. Basic water movement skills such as kicking, reach and pull, jumping and bubble blowing are taught. Gradually the child becomes more independent of parent assistance. An adult accompanies the child into the water. Swim diapers are required.
- Pre-School Lessons: 3 – 6 years. 30 minutes.
o A positive, developmentally appropriate aquatic learning experience will ensure the child’s comfort level. Rudimentary skills are introduced and built upon. Blowing bubbles, submerging, floating and basic front and back strokes are the focus. Kickboards and barbells are used. 5 minutes of free time using tubes concludes the class.
- Progressive Lessons: 6 – 17 years. 45 minutes.
o Each child is assessed and split into areas of the pool based on their own personal ability, as well as their level of comfort. Modified versions of the Red Cross levels 1-6 are taught. Each child receives a level progress card at the end of every session.
- Private Lessons: All ages, 30 minutes
o A 1:1 class, the instructor is able to adapt specifically to a child’s demands. Semi-private lessons for up to 3 people are available; please coordinate those with the pool office. Classes for kids with disabilities are also available.
- Clinic/Pre-Team: Requires Level 5 and approval from Aquatics Supervisors
o Swimmers work on improving the four competitive strokes, starts, turns and endurance. This program meets 2 -3 times a week, and is perfect for those wishing to join our swim team, or just stay active with swimming.
- Sea Wolves Swim Team: ages 6 - 18
o The Sea Wolves is a competitive swim team. The Sea Wolves Swim Team strives to provide a fun-filled, educational and safe experience for our swimmers. Our goals are for all swimmers to feel comfortable in the water, know how to do the basic swimming strokes, and have fun in a team environment. The season goes from September to early February, competing against various teams around the Eastern Massachusetts area
Please note: We require everyone who is taking lessons at our Club to become a Club member. Before registering for swim lessons, please visit our membership page.