Thank you for your interest in the Billerica Boys and Girls Club swim lessons!
- We offer year-round lessons in our indoor heated swimming pool for kids and adults of all ages! Our curriculum is based on the American Red Cross model which includes teaching proper swimming skills, safety and fun in the water!
- All of our classes are supervised by certified Red Cross lifeguards
- We have flexible days and times. We’re sure we have something that fits your schedule!
- Student-Teacher ratio of no more than 3:1, or 4:1.
- For more common questions, please visit out FAQ page!
- Please note that students are required to have memberships/activity cards in order to participate in our programs.
Fall - Winter 2021 Session: November 8th to January 22nd
Open / Online Enrollment: Saturday, October 23rd (Please note: Unfortunately, all of our progressive lessons, private lessons, adult lessons, and pre-team spots are sold out for the Fall-Winter session)
Winter 2022 Session: January 24th to March 26th
Schedule to be posted around the end of December!
Re-Enrollment - January 8th to January 14th
Open / Online Enrollment: Starts Saturday, January 15th
Here is how you can sign up:
- Over the phone!
- You can call the pool office at (978) 667-2193 ex. 109 or the front desk at (978) 667-2193 ex. 101
- Please leave a voicemail if we are not there, and we will reach out to you as soon as we can!
- We are only open from 7:30am to 12:30pm on Saturday's for over the phone registrations.
- In Person!
- We are open 7:30 am to 9:00 pm Monday through Friday, 7:15 am to 12:30 pm Saturday
- Online registration for the fall -winter session will open at 12:00 am on October 23rd, and closes at 11:59 pm on November 7th.
- Follow this link to see the classes we offer, view your account, and register!
- Please note: The price displayed online will be shown as “Non-Member Price”. This is the correct price, since membership tracking is done through different software.
- Parent-Child Lessons: 6 months – 3 years. 30 minutes.
o Emphasis is on getting the child comfortable in the water using games, song and skill repetition. Basic water movement skills such as kicking, reach and pull, jumping and bubble blowing are taught. Gradually the child becomes more independent of parent assistance. An adult accompanies the child into the water. Swim diapers are required.
- Pre-School Lessons: 3 – 6 years. 30 minutes.
o A positive, developmentally appropriate aquatic learning experience will ensure the child’s comfort level. Rudimentary skills are introduced and built upon. Blowing bubbles, submerging, floating and basic front and back strokes are the focus. Kickboards and barbells are used. 5 minutes of free time using tubes concludes the class.
- Progressive Lessons: 6 – 17 years. 40 minutes.
o Each child is assessed and split into areas of the pool based on their own personal ability, as well as their level of comfort. Modified versions of the Red Cross levels 1-6 are taught. Each child receives a level progress card at the end of every session.
- Private Lessons: All ages, 30 minutes
o A 1:1 class, the instructor is able to adapt specifically to a child’s demands. Semi-private lessons for up to 3 people are available; please coordinate those with the pool office. Classes for kids with disabilities are also available.
- Clinic/Pre-Team: Requires Level 5 and approval from Aquatics Supervisors
o Swimmers work on improving the four competitive strokes, starts, turns and endurance. This program meets 2 -3 times a week, and is perfect for those wishing to join our swim team, or just stay active with swimming.
- Sea Wolves Swim Team: ages 6 - 18
o The Sea Wolves is a competitive swim team. The Sea Wolves Swim Team strives to provide a fun-filled, educational and safe experience for our swimmers. Our goals are for all swimmers to feel comfortable in the water, know how to do the basic swimming strokes, and have fun in a team environment. The season goes from September to early February, competing against various teams around the Eastern Massachusetts area
Please note: We require everyone who is taking lessons at our Club to become a Club member. Before registering for swim lessons, please visit our membership page.